Monday, November 9, 2015

I Missed It in Dreams


           Studying in the United State for more than 2 months now, excitement of having a new life in a foreign country has already gone with the coming of homesick. I don’t quite often miss my hometown though, because Seattle has the similar weather as my hometown does. Even when sometimes friends or others mention it, I still talk about it with proud, not with feelings of missing. But in the night, while I’m sleeping, I have to admit that I miss it because I dreamed about it all the time. Once it was a feeling of happiness and excitement that I realized I could have a bowl of delicious noodles in my favorite restaurant there. Once I was only on a strange street but I was with happiness for I could tell I was in my hometown. I had many different dreams like that, but they all have something in common which is the nothingness I always feel when I wake up from them, with sadness, with frustration, but also with happiness. I dreamed about riding home most. What is interesting is that was always disliked when I was there. Cars rushed by with honks. People broke the rule that they walked on the riding road. Street was stuffy that I had to get of my bike very often. However, all the annoying parts of the street are disappeared in my dreams. Street lamps shine through the leaves of sycamore trees along the busy street. Stores by the sides of the street look welcoming and gorgeous. Everything is in silence except my bike is making a noise of rolling forward, which is to my home. I know these dreams are telling me to remember where I belong to no matter how settled I am now. I also know that these reminders from dreams are useless because I’m never going to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment